Ella’s Bubbles Walk-in Tubs Review
Walk-in tubs from Ella’s Bubbles feature a fast dual-drain system, grab bars and a low threshold for safety, therapeutic air and hydro jets and ozone sanitation. You have a choice of faucets and accessories, like a convenient 360-degree swivel tray to hold a beverage, book or other items.
Depending on the model, an Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tub includes or has options for chromotherapy (multicolored LED lights), heated seat and backrest, vibrating back massager and Bluetooth speakers. Panels on all sides hide plumbing and make free-standing and corner installations possible. Many models feature foot massage jets that work without filling the tub.
- Solid construction
- Hydro and air massage jets and Infusion Microbubble Therapy
- Assembled and jetted in the U.S.
- Service-oriented dealer and installer network
- Several accessories available for added comfort
- Pricey, but lasts for years with a lifetime warranty
- Difficult to find gelcoat tubs on the website
Ella’s Bubble’s Walk-in Tubs with Inward-swing Doors
Ella’s Bubbles manufactures walk-in tubs with doors that swing into the tub or out from the tub. Inward-swinging doors take no space in the bathroom when opened. Seated walk-in tubs with outward-swinging doors give the bather more room to ease getting into or out of the tub.
Ella walk-in tubs with an inward-swinging stainless steel and tempered glass door come in six models. The doors are U-shaped on all but the S-Series.
- The Elite is the most popular model. The tub has a wide seat, textured floor and a rubber backrest. The Elite measures 30 inches by 52 inches.
- The space-saving Petite measures 28 inches by 52 inches.
- The substantially sized Ultimate is 30 inches wide and 60 inches long.
- Ella’s Bubbles Lay Down walk-in bathtubs offer extra room so you can stand closer to the wall of the tub for stability. This model has a broad, flat floor space and an optional glass shower screen. Tub sizes are 30 inches by 60 inches and 32 inches by 72 inches.
- Ella’s Bubbles also offers a two-seater model.
Ella’s Bubbles S-Series tubs feature a lightweight acrylic door that’s wider at the top. This model ranges in size from 28 inches by 53 inches to 36 inches by 55 inches. Ella’s Bubbles also sells the 30-inch-by-52-inch Ultra S-series tub featuring a brushed stainless-steel door with frosted tempered glass.
Ella’s Bubbles Walk-in Tubs with Outward-swing Doors
Ella’s Bubbles outward-swing door models have U-shaped or L-shaped entrances. Five tubs feature U-shaped doors. Ella’s Bubbles has one L-shaped model called the Transfer, available in multiple sizes.
Ella’s Bubbles U-shaped outward-swing doors are constructed with a unique gear and shaft-driven three-latch system. This system provides a more reliable watertight door seal compared with a standard single-latch door.
- At 32 inches by 40 inches, the Front Entry is ideal for small or narrow bathrooms where a conventional tub or shower will not fit.
- Tall bathers benefit from the Lounger measuring 27 inches by 59 inches or the 36-inch-by-72-inch ShaK, which is the largest single-seat, outward swing-walk-in tub on the market.
- The Mobile is longer than the Front Entry, at 45 inches, but it is designed for narrow spaces, with a 26-inch width.
- Ella’s Bubbles Capri and Zen walk-in tubs are designed for the average-sized bather, at 30 inches by 52 inches. The Zen model features an attractive wave design on the exterior.
- The Monaco measures 32 inches by 52 inches with an extra-wide seat and roomier tub interior.
Ella’s Bubbles Transfer models feature an L-shaped door designed for easily sliding into and out of the tub. The Transfer’s larger opening allows for ease of movement and is wheelchair-accessible. The doors are lightweight, durable aluminum with a two-latch gear and shaft lock mechanism and leakproof seal. The Transfer is available in five sizes, from 26 inches by 52 inches to 36 inches by 55 inches.
|Ella’s Bubbles Walk-in Tub Construction vs the Competition|
|Frame||Stainless steel||Steel tubing|
|Door||Leakproof seal||Torsion bar adjustment|
|Leveling feet||Four corners plus center points||Four corners|
|Drain||Two 2-inch independent drains||One drain, sometimes with a pump|
|Shipping container||Reinforced cardboard or plywood box wrapped securely to a custom skid||Standard corrugated cardboard box|
How Ella’s Bubbles Walk-in Tubs are Built to Last
Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tubs are made for a lifetime of use. Rustproof stainless steel frames include a center support not found on all competing brands. All four frame corners and the center support have leveling feet for optimum stability. These details ensure the weight of the filled tub is properly distributed.
You can’t get out of a walk-in tub until it fully drains, so the faster the water level recedes, the better. Ella’s Bubbles gravity-driven dual drains empty the tub in as little as 80 seconds. Both drain openers have ADA-compliant extension handles for people with arthritis or weak hands. Ella’s Bubbles dual-drain technology carries away four times more water than a standard drain, with no splash back into the tub that overflow pump-driven drains often create.
Many walk-in tubs come with a torsion bar to adjust when the door starts leaking. Ella’s Bubbles does not rely on a torsion system. The doors are leakproof and require no adjusting.
Ella’s Bubbles Comfort and Therapeutic Features
Ella’s Bubbles offers four types of jets to help relax sore muscles, relieve arthritis pain and improve skin tone. LED color therapy adds to relaxation, and a heated seat makes waiting for the walk-in tub to fill less chilly.
- Hydromassage jets can help relieve arthritis, muscle or joint pain. These jets circulate the warm water using high pressure for a deep massage. Ella’s Bubbles hydro massage jets include an in-line water heater to keep the bathwater warm. Opt for adjustable jets to be able to change the massage intensity.
- Air massage jets provide a gentle massage with three pressure settings. These jets promote relaxation, are ideal for sensitive joints and muscles and can be used with hydro jets.
- Ella’s Bubbles’ independent foot massage features a foot well with four jets. You can enjoy a foot massage while you’re taking a bath, or only fill the well to treat your feet while you stay dry.
- Infusion MicroBubble Therapy adds to relaxation and conditions skin with billions of micro-sized, oxygen-rich bubbles. The bubbles help muscles release tension, thoroughly oxygenate the water and exfoliate and soften skin.
Ella’s Bubbles installs LED chromotherapy in its acrylic inward-swing tubs, and the feature is an option for other models. The gentle light rotates between several colors or pauses on your favorite color to create a relaxing atmosphere.
NuWhirl’s CozyHeat heated seat and backrest keeps you warm while you wait for the tub to fill. CozyHeat has one of the fastest heating curves in the industry, with a durable and long-lasting design.
Ella’s Bubbles Safety Features
Many seniors prefer to stay in their homes as long as they can. Aging in place requires safe at-home products, including in the bathroom. Using a walk-in tub is much safer than stepping over the edge of a standard tub.
In addition to a low threshold, Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tubs come with grab bars on the tub wall and deck. Other safety features include:
- The ozone sterilization system cleans the tub’s surface and jetting lines so they are free of contaminants, mold and odor.
- Auto purge and backflow valves prevent water from stagnating in the air jet hosing. Auto purge blows out any water and bacteria from the hoses after your bath.
- A deck-mounted thermostatic control valve prevents scalding and keeps water at a consistent temperature during tub filling. The TCV comes standard on Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tubs with a five-piece faucet set.
Ella’s Bubbles Gelcoat Walk-in Tubs
Most Ella’s Bubbles tub products we found are acrylic walk-in tubs. However, Ella’s Bubbles offers gelcoat walk-in bathtubs with a glossy gelcoat with fiberglass reinforcement for additional strength and durability. These are specialty walk-in baths, like the 170-gallon Bariatric-35, with options for 18 air jets and six water jets.
Gelcoat models come with a five-piece Fast Fill Faucet, hand-held shower, a door drain and a quick-drain system. These tubs do not come with end panels at this time, so they are only appropriate for installation in alcoves or similar locations.
Ella’s Bubbles Walk-in Tub Costs
The cost of a walk-in tub varies a great deal between manufacturers. Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tubs cost more than many other brands but offer exceptional durability. Ella’s Bubbles is happy to share approved installers via phone or the “Contact Us” link on the website.
The lowest prices we found were for Ella’s Bubbles walk-in soaking tubs with no jets, starting at around $2,100 for an S-Class. Adding a heated seat and jets increased the cost to $3,557. The two-seated, outward-swing door model started at $8,083. We loaded it with options for a total of $11,255.
A big-box store listed Ella’s Front Entry model for $4,217, Ella Deluxe for $5,860 and the Lounger for around $7,700.
Ella’s Bubbles Walk-in Tub Warranty
Ella’s Bubbles provides a lifetime limited warranty on its walk-in tub shells, frames, doors and parts, but not on labor or installation. The thermostatic control valve faucet is only covered for one year, given that the part is heavily affected by water quality variations, like calcium levels.
The warranty says it covers the original purchaser. If you’re planning to sell your home soon and use the tub as a sales feature, find out if the warranty transfers to the new homeowner.
Where to Buy Ella’s Bubbles Walk-in Tubs
You can request walk-in tub quotes on Ella’s Bubbles’ website. The company has a network of approved dealers and installation contractors with a proven record of customer satisfaction. Click on “Contact Us” on the site, or call to get help finding an Ella’s Bubbles dealer in your area.
Ella’s Bubbles Walk-in Tub Complaints
Ella’s Bubbles lives up to its promise of outstanding customer service. The company has exceptional manufacturing standards and high expectations for its dealer and installation partners.
The Better Business Bureau gives Ella’s Bubbles an A+ rating, and there’s only been one complaint (now closed) over the past three years. Consumers rated Ella’s Bubbles with 4.95 out of 5 stars on the BBB site and frequently mention product durability and customer service agents who go above and beyond.
ConsumerAffairs readers give Ella’s Bubbles 4.75 out of 5 stars. Google reviews average 4.9 out of 5 stars, and reviews on Facebook yield a perfect 5 out of 5 rating.
ConsumersAdvocate gave Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tubs 3.7 out of 5 stars, but the review includes incorrect data. The review says the tubs lack features Ella’s Bubbles actually offers, like ozone cleaning, extension panels and heated backrests.
Ella’s Bubbles Walk-in Tub Q&A
How does an Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tub door stay watertight without adjustments?
Ella’s Bubbles walk-in bathtub doors are designed with a leakproof door seal system. The seal is pressurized when the door locking arm is activated. The weight of water in the tub compresses the door seal to further ensure no leaks. Ella’s Bubbles door seals come with a lifetime limited warranty.
Can I close the door when I’m not using my Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tub?
You can close the door, but keep it unlocked when the tub’s not in use to prevent the gasket from being squeezed out of shape.
How long does it take to fill an Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tub?
The time required to fill your Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tub depends on your water pressure and plumbing. Acrylic tubs average 16 more minutes to fill to the overflow, and gelcoat walk-in tub models take around 14 minutes.
What products can I use to clean my Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tub?
Ella’s Bubbles recommends using vinegar and water to clean walk-in tubs. Other cleaners include Simple Green All-Purpose, Simple Green Natural Bathroom Cleaner, Dawn dish soap and any Tilex or Pine-Sol cleaners. You won’t need to do any heavy-duty cleaning if you take a few minutes after each bath to take care of your walk-in tub.
Who is Ella in Ella’s Bubbles’ name?
Laimonis Magone founded Ella’s Bubbles, which he named after his daughter, Ella. Laimonis came up with the name after snapping a photo of Ella splashing in her kiddie pool and blowing soap bubbles.
Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tubs are engineered and manufactured to be sturdy enough to last for many years. The company makes a walk-in tub to fit in nearly any bathroom. Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tubs are attractive, with features to help relieve pain and promote relaxation and independence. The warranty is exceptional, and the tubs are constructed and tested in the U.S.