Longbridge Financial Review
Longbridge Financial offers HECMs, HECMs for Purchase, and jumbo reverse mortgages (known as Longbridge Platinum) up to $4 million. Longbridge Financial is a reverse mortgage lender and servicer, which means it will continue to provide service on your loan after closing. You can contact the Longbridge Financial servicing department with questions about your loan, summary details, transactions, and more.
The company is a Federal Housing Administration (FHA) approved lender and National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association (NRMLA) member.
- Closes loans within 45 days
- No loan servicing fees and low origination fees
- Robust educational materials and an online quote calculator
- No in-person offices are available
Longbridge Financial Reverse Mortgage Products
Longbridge offers three reverse mortgage loans. They can allow you to access cash to fund home improvements, to pay bills, or for supplemental income.
- HECMs: Standard reverse mortgage with a fixed or variable interest rate on funds up to $1,089,4300. Funds don’t have to be paid back until the borrower moves or passes away.
- HECMs for Purchase: A loan to buy a home or FHA-approved condo as your principal residence. Borrowers must make a down payment, but they make no monthly mortgage payments on the new home.
- Longbridge Platinum: The company’s jumbo reverse mortgage program. A non-FHA-insured, privately funded reverse mortgage that allows users to access more cash than HECM loans offer — best for homes valued at $450,000 or more, up to $4 million..
|HECM & HECM for Purchase||– Be 62 or older
– Own the property or have at least 50% equity
– Occupy the property as your principal residence
– No outstanding federal tax liens
– Up-to-date on property tax payments for the last two years
– Complete HUD-approved HECM counseling
– Single-family home or 2-4 unit home with one unit occupied by the borrower
– HUD-approved condominium project
– Manufactured home that meets FHA requirements
|Longbridge Platinum (Jumbo)||– Be age 55+ or older (some state age requirements vary)
– Have a higher-value home (up to $4 million)
How to Get a Longbridge Financial Reverse Mortgage
Reverse mortgage specialists at Longbridge Financial will help you decide whether a reverse mortgage is right for you and your loved ones. To speak to a specialist, call the number listed on their website or send an email. If you decide to move forward with the process, representatives will help you to complete the application, receive the required independent counseling, get a home appraisal, and close your loan. Most loans close within 45 days.
Depending on the type of reverse mortgage you select, you can receive your cash as a lump sum, a monthly payment, a line of credit, or a combination of these three options.
Longbridge Financial Costs
Reverse mortgage fees vary by the lender and type of loan you choose. Usually, these fees consist of required counseling fees, origination fees, closing costs, and interest. Longbridge Financial breaks down reverse mortgage costs as follows:
- HECM counseling: $125
- Origination fees: HECM origination fees are capped at $6,000, though Longbridge claims to offer lower origination fees than competitors
- Mortgage insurance: Upfront charge of 2%, plus 0.5% annual fee of outstanding mortgage balance
- Closing costs: Varies by lender
- Appraisal: ($575)
- Inspections: ($175)
- Interest: 6% – 11% depending on loan type
- Service fee: None
While some lenders charge a monthly service fee to manage your HECM reverse mortgage loan, Longbridge Financial does not. This means you’ll save up to $35 per month while the company issues account statements, distributes funds, monitors taxes and insurance, and more.
Longbridge Financial Complaints
Longbridge Financial is a NRMLA member and has an A+ with the BBB. It also has more than 750 reviews on Trustpilot, with a score of 4.8 out of 5. Some reviews mention longer wait times for home appraisals, but those issues are out of Longbridge’s control. Longbridge has resolved 14 complaints on the BBB website over the past three years. Public responses to the borrower are very detailed, thorough, and transparent.
Longbridge Financial’s website also shares screenshots of handwritten testimonials from real clients, many of which praise the company’s attentive service and knowledgeable staff.
Longbridge Financial FAQs
Where is Longbridge Financial available?
Longbridge has licensed reverse mortgage officers in all 50 states.
Does Longbridge Financial check your credit score?
A high credit score is not a requirement for a Longbridge reverse mortgage. HECMs do not require a minimum credit score, but they will order a credit check to calculate residual income and confirm whether you have any federal tax liens or delinquent debts that may affect loan eligibility. They’ll deem your credit “satisfactory” if you’ve made all housing and debt payments on time for the past 12 months and have no more than two 30-day late payments over the past 12 months.
How much money will Longbridge give me?
Most borrowers qualify for funds between 50% and 70% of the home’s value. Longbridge Financial offers a quick and easy HECM quote calculator for estimates. Several factors are used to determine how much cash you can receive, such as current interest rates, your age, and the home’s appraised value.
Does Longbridge Financial charge a lender servicing fee?
No. Many companies charge a monthly fee up to $35 to cover the costs of providing customer service, maintaining accurate records, certifying your occupancy status, issuing account statements, collecting payments, and other services. Longbridge does not charge this type of lender servicing fee.
If I have a reverse mortgage, can the company or government dictate who lives in my home?
A HECM doesn’t alter who can live with you as long as you still live in the home. If you pass away or move, the people who live with you may need to move if they can’t pay off the loan or you don’t have a co-borrower.
Longbridge Financial is a great reverse mortgage option for seniors who want to leverage their high-value home for cash. Most of the lending process is done online, but borrowers have access to a reverse mortgage specialist who offers support throughout the life of the loan. Contact a Longbridge specialist today to learn which reverse mortgage option is best for you.
Great Closing Speed
Community First National Bank
- A+ BBB Rating
- Quick Closing