Optima Tax Relief Review
A University of Nottingham study found anxiety and depression often go hand-in-hand with carrying debt, particularly if you struggle with paying off what you owe. These illnesses can, in turn, make it difficult to function day to day. When taxpayers owe back taxes, and the IRS is threatening wage garnishment, tax levies, and asset seizure, it’s vital to take swift action and seek assistance and protection.
- Experienced team of legal and tax professionals
- Two-phased approach for tax relief and compliance
- Protection plan to prevent future issues
- No costs published on website
Optima Tax Relief Process
Optima Tax Relief starts its process with a free, confidential phone consultation. The specialist collects some information about your tax situation and determines if you qualify for tax relief services. The representative can answer your questions and discuss cost as well. After the initial consultation, Optima Tax Relief launches their two-phase tax relief approach.
|Phase 1: Investigation||Phase 2: Resolution|
Optima Tax Relief Tax Negotiation
Optima Tax Relief’s tax negotiation services are part of the second phase of the company’s Two-Phase process. Depending on your financial situation and how much you owe, Optima may negotiate to:
- Spread out your tax payments over time
- Get the total tax liability reduced all at once or in installments
- Delay payment
- Erase all tax liability, so you pay nothing
Keep in mind that the results of tax negotiation are contingent upon meeting strict IRS criteria related to financial hardship and other extenuating circumstances, and tax relief programs are not available for everyone.
Optima Tax Relief Solutions for Taxpayers
Optima Tax Relief has been helping clients discover programs they qualify for and other remedies to paying back taxes for over a decade. Optima may negotiate one of the following solutions for you:
- Tax settlement is reaching an agreement with the IRS to pay less than the full amount you owe on your tax liability. You may pay the settled amount in one lump sum or over time in installments; then the debt is considered resolved when you make the last payment. Optima may be able to help you lower the cost of the settlement.
- An Offer in Compromise involves submitting an offer with the amount you can pay to the IRS. You prove sufficient financial hardship or that the tax collection efforts are somehow unfair. If the IRS accepts your offer, you may pay a fraction of what you owe as a lump sum or installments spread out over time.
- Tax penalty abatement is a tax relief program that forgives penalties accrued on back taxes when you pay off the principal amount. You need a compelling reason to qualify, such as long term unemployment, a death in the immediate family, or property loss due to a natural disaster.
- Currently not collectible pauses your income tax debt if you can demonstrate sufficient financial hardship. Collection efforts suspend, although you still owe the taxes, and interest and penalties continue to accrue. Your case will be re-evaluated annually to determine if the hardship still exists. Depending on the findings of each re-evaluation, you may have to start making payments under a new plan.
- Tax payment plans are usually available if you don’t qualify for other tax relief programs. You will still owe interest and penalties along with the full tax obligation with an IRS tax payment plan, but you’ll get some breathing room. The IRS offers both short term and long term payment plans.
Optima Tax Relief Protection Plan
The Optima Tax Relief Protection Plan prevents you from having future income tax problems with a three-tiered program with Basic, Individual, and Professional level assistance. Basic is for those who can file their taxes on their own. The Individual tier provides help with filing income taxes, and business owners benefit from the Professional tier. Depending on the level you choose, you’ll receive IRS account monitoring, identity theft protection, assistance during an audit, a dedicated tax professional at your disposal, tax preparation, services and more.
Optima Tax Relief Client Bill of Rights
To ensure proper standards of service, Optima published their ten-point Client Bill of Rights. This document guarantees thorough investigation of your case, transparent communication so you can make informed choices and understand all aspects of the tax relief process, and a tax professional will contact you within 24 hours of the signed contract with Optima Tax Relief. Other matters covered are treating the client with respect, confidentiality, and hearing the client out and reacting to any problems or concerns immediately.
Optima Tax Relief Costs
Optima Tax Relief does not include pricing information on its website for its tax relief services. However, an internet search revealed the initial fee after the free consultation is $495, and the average total price paid was around $4,000. In general, someone pursuing any tax relief service can reasonably expect to pay between $2,000 and $7,000 depending on the complexity of their case and how much they owe. Optima advises consumers about all their options before requiring payment for tax relief services. Optima’s Protection Plan is priced monthly at $49 for the Basic tier, $99 for Individual and $149 for the Professional level.
Optima Tax Relief Complaints
While the company boasts many satisfied customers, Optima Tax Relief has some mixed reviews. Accredited and “A+” rated by the Better Business Bureau, the company is also graded 9.5 out of 10 stars by ConsumersAdvocate and takes the third spot in the tax relief category. Yelp ratings only average out to 2.5 out of 5 stars. Most complaints are regarding overpromising a positive outcome, the lack of transparent pricing, and the inability to reach a representative when needed.
Optima Tax Relief Q&A
What sets Optima Tax Relief apart from other tax relief services?
Optima Tax Relief has a team of tax professionals with over 25 years of experience. All work gets completed in-house with no cases outsourced to an unknown entity. With over $1 billion in resolved tax debt, Optima Tax Relief has extensive experience with mediating issues between taxpayers and the IRS.
In what states are Optima Tax Relief services available?
Optima Tax Relief services are available nationwide. Optima can legally represent United States taxpayers living in all 50 states and abroad.
How long does Optima Tax Relief’s Two-Phase process take?
Depending on the complexity of your case, the Optima Tax Relief process could take from two to 10 months. However, most cases resolve within six months.
Does Optima Tax Relief offer any guarantee?
Yes, Optima Tax Relief offers a 15-day money back guarantee on their services.
Are there any tax relief services Optima does not provide?
Optima Tax Relief provides representation for tax relief programs and strategies, except asset seizure negotiation.
Optima Tax Relief can help if you’re struggling with what seems like insurmountable tax debt. The company has an established reputation for taking care of customers by following the Client Bill of Rights and is prepared to assist with more tax resolution programs than other companies offer. Optima Tax Relief will assess your situation, give you options, make a plan to rescue your finances, and help you get in compliance with the IRS.