Comprehensive Jacuzzi Review
Because Jacuzzi offers multiple hot tub lines from budget to luxury, we selected the company as Great for Every Budget in our Top Hot Tub Companies guide. After decades in the business, Jacuzzi continues to develop leading-edge hot tub technology, such as Aqualibrium power jets to deliver an optimal mixture of water and air for effective muscle relaxation. The SmartTub app for iPhone, Android, and Amazon Alexa allows Jacuzzi hot tub owners to adjust settings, receive power outage alerts, get a call from the hot tub when it needs service, and more.
- A substantial number of styles and options
- Models available at dealers for wet testing
- Stylish hot tub surrounds and accessories
- Most models are highly priced
Jacuzzi Hot Tub Models and Features
Jacuzzi currently offers five hot tub lines with multiple models and options to fit a wide variety of needs and budgets. The J-200 models are lower-cost entry-level hot tubs, and you’ll find more features with higher prices as you shop the upper-level Jacuzzi hot tubs. The Jacuzzi J-LX is a premium-level energy efficient hot tub with a minimalist design. Jacuzzi hot tubs can accommodate from two to nine people with ergonomic seating and strategically placed jets.
Jacuzzi hot tubs come in up to 10 color options for the interior tub, three for the outer enclosure, and three to five cover colors. See our chart lower on the page for prices.
Jacuzzi Budget Hot Tubs
Jacuzzi J-200 entry-level hot tubs come in seven models, some featuring lounge seating with a higher back and toe-to-shoulder jets. You get standard jets, Clear Ray two-stage water treatment, and colored lighting with these hot tubs, and the low to moderate price doesn’t mean you sacrifice selection. You can order a Jacuzzi J-200 with a choice of several seating layouts, and you get cup holders.
Jacuzzi Midrange Hot Tubs
- The entry level to upper midrange priced Jacuzzi J-300 hot tub line offers upgraded features and wider seats compared to J-200 models. J-300 hot tubs come with Jacuzzi’s PowerPro jets, adjustable headrests, ergonomically designed seating options, and ClearRay On-Demand for easier maintenance.
- Jacuzzi’s J-315 is of particular interest to seniors as it is designed for easy entry and exit and has optional accessories like handrails and steps to further ease getting in and out of the hot tub. The J-315 has easy-to-see controls, and the jets are capable of pressure-point hydromassage.
Jacuzzi Premium and Luxury Hot Tubs
- Jacuzzi’s premium J-400 line of hot tubs is available in seven models with upgraded and luxury features. This line falls into the premium to luxury price range for the top level models, but if you only need one or two seats, you can keep the price under $10,000. Jacuzzi’s J-400 hot tubs come with more PowerPro jets, adjustable headrests, premium lighting options, and a lighted waterfall.
- Jacuzzi calls its J-500 hot tubs Luxury Open-Seated Masterpieces. With two options, J-500 hot tubs are particularly attractive with a curved design and lighted exterior. You get a full body massage with lounge seats, PowerPro FX directional jets, dual waterfalls, and beautiful interior lighting. Jacuzzi J-500 hot tubs work with the SmartTub smartphone app to simplify maintenance and making adjustments.
- Jacuzzi designed J-LX hot tub models to be exceedingly energy efficient without sacrificing jet power. The outer cabinet of the J-LX is attractively finished with a flat top rail designed to blend with most decks, filtered LED perimeter lighting, underwater LED lighting, and a lighted waterfall. Taller individuals fit comfortably in the seats, and the control panel has advanced settings. Jacuzzi’s J-LX can utilize the SmartTub mobile app for maintenance and adjustments.
Jacuzzi Hot Tub Prices and Financing
While Jacuzzi doesn’t list prices for each hot tub model online, the company provides more cost information than most other hot tub manufacturers by publishing the price range in our chart below.
Jacuzzi offers dealer financing on all hot tubs costing over $4,000, with monthly payments starting from $50 to $200 depending on the cost of the final configuration of your hot tub.
|Jacuzzi Hot Tub Prices|
|J-200||2 to 7||$4,000 to $8,000||First hot tub, entry level|
|J-300||2 to 7||$4,000 to $12,000||Entry to midlevel with more comfort|
|J-400||2 to 9||$6,000 to $16,000+||Premium hot tubbing with advanced features|
|J-500||5 to 7||$12,000 to $16,000+||Luxury features, special exterior design|
|J-LX||5 to 7||$12,000 to $15,000||Energy efficient, modern minimalist design|
Jacuzzi Hot Tub Warranties
Jacuzzi warranty terms vary slightly between lines and models, so take the time to read the warranty for Jacuzzi hot tubs that interest you. You can get warranty information from a salesperson or on the company website.
- J-300 through J-LX models have a five-year warranty on the cabinet, plumbing and electrical pumps, heaters, and control systems, seven years on the shell surface, and a 10-year shell structure warranty.
- J-200 hot tubs come with a one-year cabinet warranty, two years on the plumbing, electrical systems, and shell surface, and five years coverage on the shell structure.
Jacuzzi Hot Tub Complaints
You will find plenty of glowing reviews on Jacuzzi’s website. ConsumerAffairs readers rated Jacuzzi hot tubs an average of 4 out of 5 stars with some problems centering around local dealer service or delivery problems and not the company. The Better Business Bureau gives Jacuzzi an “A-” with just seven complaints over the past three years, all closed. A vast majority of Jacuzzi hot tub dealers rate very highly with customers in online reviews.
Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Q&A
Can I trade in my current Jacuzzi hot tub on a new model?
Yes, you can use Jacuzzi’s hot tub trade-in program to get a discount on the price of a new model.
Do I need a particular foundation under a Jacuzzi hot tub?
Hot tubs are very heavy when filled, so unless your deck or base area is designed to support a hot tub, it will need to be inspected for safety before installing a Jacuzzi. See Planning for a Hot Tub for more tips.
Can a Jacuzzi hot tub help my aching joints?
Heated water hydrotherapy is useful for increasing circulation, decreasing inflammation, and reducing arthritis pain and tight, sore muscles. There are also stress reduction benefits to using a Jacuzzi hot tub.
Do I need to install plumbing for a Jacuzzi hot tub?
No additional plumbing is required for a Jacuzzi hot tub since you can fill it from your garden hose or another water source.
Can I try out a Jacuzzi hot tub before buying?
Yes, you can do a wet test to try a Jacuzzi hot tub before you buy one. Call your local Jacuzzi dealer to schedule time for a wet test in an operating hot tub. You can typically try hot tubs after hours when shoppers are out of the store.
Hot tubs are an excellent alternative for pain relief, relaxation, enhanced circulation, and socializing. While seniors need to take precautions, heated hydrotherapy is an excellent choice for many. Jacuzzi has been designing and manufacturing hot tubs for decades and offers proven therapeutic features with a vast model and option selection to create a hot tub for just about any budget.