RVshare coordinates rentals in all 50 states and is an excellent tool for those looking to rent an RV or who are considering renting their vehicle for some extra cash. You’ll find the latest technology in RVs on RVshare — the company does not list vehicles more than 15 years old.
- 24/7 access to roadside assistance
- Rental replacement if RV is misrepresented
- Secure payment processing and payment protection for renters and owners
- No fee to list RVs for rent
- No way to directly search for handicap-accessible RVs
How to Rent an RV on RVshare
Before you start searching for RV rentals on RVshare, check out How to Rent an RV to learn more about choosing the right rental. Searching for an RV to rent, learning about the vehicle and the contract terms are all easy to do on RVshare.
Search for an RV: To rent an RV on the RVshare website, start by entering your ZIP code and searching the extensive listings of RVs for rent near you. Narrow your search by selecting specifications like the type of RV you’re interested in and dates you plan to travel. If you need a wheelchair-accessible RV or other special accommodations, check the “Suitability” section of listings that interest you. You can’t filter for this feature at this time.
Meet the RV owner: Once you find a rental, RVshare connects you directly with the owner to work out details. RVshare securely processes your payment, then you meet with the owner to learn how to use the RV and receive any tips you need to know for your trip.
Your contract: You sign a Digital Rental Contract, but some RV owners ask you to sign supplemental agreements. Carefully review these documents, then sign and return them to the RV owners as soon as possible. You can either enjoy the open road or camp out and stay in one spot for the duration of your RV rental. The contract between you and the owner specifies how many miles the rental price includes, but you can travel farther for an additional fee.
Prep the RV for return Before returning the rental, you need to empty the waste tanks and fill the gas tank. Your deposit is returned as long as the RV comes back in the same condition it was in when you took possession. You return the RV to the owner at an agreed-upon time and location.
Rent Out Your RV on RVshare
RV owners can list their rental on RVshare with four simple steps:
- Create a listing for your RV with details about the features. Include plenty of pictures of the interior and exterior. Think about the questions you would have if you were the renter and provide answers with your description of the RV. Note any special features that make the RV especially convenient or enjoyable.
- Review reservation requests you receive through RVshare and choose those you want to work with. Define the terms of your rental agreement within the bounds of RVshare’s policies.
- Meet up with the renter so they can pick up the RV from the location you specify. You can walk them through a quick demo before they hit the road.
- The renter returns your RV at the agreed-upon date on the contract. You earn some extra cash, and your RV doesn’t sit around collecting dust when you’re not using it.
RVshare Rental Insurance and Guarantees
RVshare offers several policies to cover renters and RV owners against costly issues. Those who rent their RV through RVshare are covered by insurance at no additional cost.
Owners who list with RVshare and activate reservations with RVshare Rental Insurance receive $1 million in liability coverage with comprehensive and collision coverage for an RV valued up to $200,000. There’s no monthly premium, access fee or other costs for RVshare insurance. Your RV is automatically approved for coverage as long as it’s 15 years old or newer and valued at $200,000 or less. Both motor homes and travel trailers are eligible for the insurance.
Rent an RV from RVshare, and you are covered on several levels to ensure you have a positive experience.
- Renters insurance: Most RVs listed on the site have an RVshare Rental Insurance policy included in the rental quote. This policy includes comprehensive and collision coverage with a $1,500 deductible per occurrence.
- Fraud screening: RVshare verifies user accounts to help prevent fraud.
- Payment protection: RVshare refunds rental payments if something goes wrong with the vehicle.
- Rental replacements: If the RV isn’t in the condition promised when you pick it up, you can get a replacement rental at no extra charge. Contact RVshare within 12 hours of your originally scheduled pickup time.
- Damage deposit protection: If an owner wants to withhold your damage deposit and you feel it is unwarranted, RVshare mediates the dispute to be sure you receive back what you are due.
RV Rental Costs on RVshare
RV rental fees vary per night depending on the type and condition of the chosen vehicle and the geographic region. In addition to the standard rental cost, renters pay a service fee that covers roadside assistance service. There’s also an overage fee if the renter drives more than the number of miles agreed to in the contract.
RVshare does not charge a fee to list an RV for rent but takes a 15% broker commission with successful rental contracts.
|Sample RVshare Rental Fees*|
|Model||Year||Cap||Length in Feet||Nightly Fee|
Forest River (Class A)
|Trilogy Forest River
|Gulf Stream BT
Cruiser (Class B)
RVshare has a 4 out of 5-star Trustpilot rating and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau with 4 out of 5 stars from consumers leaving a review on the BBB site. TripAdvisor provides no rating but notes RVshare offers more rental options and overall newer RVs for rent compared to the competition.
How does RVshare roadside assistance work?
If your rented RV breaks down on the road, you can contact RVshare’s partner company, Nation Safe Drivers, for help. The roadside assistance includes tire, battery or lockout service or delivered supplies like gas or oil. RVshare tows disabled RVs to the nearest repair shop, within 100 miles.
Are there options for booking an RV right away without waiting for a response from the owner?
Search your list of RV rentals for a listing with an “Instant Booking” icon marked with a lightning bolt. You can book these RVs without waiting for owner approval.
How does RVshare verify my ID to create an account?
To create an account on RVshare, you need to submit a copy of your driver’s license and one additional photo of yourself. A selfie taken with your cellphone works as long as your face is clearly visible and you don’t wear a hat or sunglasses.
If a renter wants to cancel an RVshare reservation, what are my options as an RV owner?
You choose your cancellation policy before completing your RV listing. Cancellation policies range from a forgiving policy that allows renters to receive a full refund to a strict policy with no refund at all.
Do RV rental prices on RVshare include taxes?
It is the owner’s responsibility to pay applicable state or federal income taxes on profits from rentals, and it’s up to them to include taxes on RV rental listings. Some include the tax expense in the full rental cost, but others may list taxes separately.
Whether you want to rent an RV for a vacation or you want to try one of these vehicles before buying your own, RVshare makes searching for rentals easy. Those who list RVs for rent on RVshare pay nothing unless the RV is rented. There’s no charge to browse or list RVs, and the site is excellent for marketing RV rentals.