ScriptSave WellRX Review
ScriptSave WellRX is a free and easy to use prescription discount card. ScriptSave is known as a leader in the industry and has been in business for 25 years. We named the ScripSave WellRX card to our Best Prescription Discount Cards guide for being the easiest to use.
Prescription drug discount cards work like coupons you can use toward the purchase of prescription medication. The discount can vary depending on the pharmacy, drug and date of purchase.
Over 65,000 pharmacies across the United States accept ScriptSave WellRX discount cards, including Walgreens, Kroger, CVS, Rite Aid, Walmart, Albertsons and others. You can use the program to receive discounts on both generic and brand-name medications. You can use WellRX prescription discount cards at participating pharmacies in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Guam.
- Discounts for generic or brand-name drugs
- Convenient app or card
- Average of 60% saving on prescriptions
- Over 65,000 pharmacies nationwide
- Not accepted at all pharmacies
- Must price compare pharmacies to get the best discounts
Who Can Use a ScriptSave WellRX Card?
Anyone can use ScriptSave WellRX cards, whether or not you have health insurance or Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage.
- If you have health insurance, ScriptSave WellRX can save you money on medications that are not currently covered by your plan. Uninsured family members can use your discount card.
- If you have no health insurance, use your ScriptSave WellRX plan to save money on brand-name or prescription drugs.
- If you have Medicare but no Part D plan, ScriptSave WellRX can save you an average of 60% on prescription drug costs.
- If you have a Medicare Part D plan, your ScriptSave WellRX card can save you money on medications that are not covered by Medicare Part D.
ScriptSave WellRX App
ScriptSave’s convenient WellRX app makes it easy to receive your discounts at the pharmacy. Download the free app to your Android smartphone or iPhone. You will be able to pull up your prescription discount card information every time you visit the pharmacy.
The ScriptSave WellRX app has other features to help you manage your health, including:
- Updates on medication pricing
- Reminders to take pills and order refills
- Additional support for wellness and medication adherence
ScriptSave WellRX Cost
ScriptSave WellRX is a free service, similar to using a coupon. There are no membership fees or other costs to use it. The company negotiates bulk discounts with pharmacies, who pay ScriptSave a referral fee when someone uses their WellRX card.
Getting the Lowest Prescription Costs with WellRX
While there’s no cost to use the WellRX card or mobile app, you still have to pay for your prescriptions. Medication costs and the discount from WellRX vary depending on which pharmacy you use.
To ensure you get the best discounts on your prescriptions:
- Shop around. It’s a good idea to compare drug prices before choosing a pharmacy to fill your prescription. Pharmacies may have vastly different prices for the same medications, even generic ones. Use ScriptSave WellRX’s pharmacy search tool to compare participating pharmacies nearby and find the lowest price on your prescriptions.
- Check price comparisons frequently. The price of drugs can change daily. So while you may save more at one pharmacy today, the situation may be reversed tomorrow. You can get the most out of your WellRX discount by diligently watching prices on the drugs you need.
The chart below shows price comparisons from the ScriptSave WellRX website. These are examples, and prices and discounts are subject to change.
|Drug||Retail Price||WellRX Discount||% Discount|
|Albuterol Sulfate HFA||$69.62||$31.17||55%|
How to Use ScriptSave WellRX
ScriptSave WellRX is simple to use. Print out a membership card from the website to carry in your wallet, or download the app to your smartphone. Show the card or the app every time you fill or refill a prescription at a participating pharmacy. The pharmacy applies any WellRX discounts, and you can save 60% to 80% on your medications.
ScriptSave WellRX Complaints
ScriptSave WellRX receives a 5-star rating on Trustpilot. The company scores an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, where consumers give ScriptSave WellRX 5 stars. Many plan participants like the convenience of the mobile app.
ScriptSave WellRX FAQ
Is there and age or income restriction with a ScriptSave WellRX card?
No, there are no age or income restrictions to use a ScriptSave WellRX card.
Is there a limit to how often I can use a ScriptSave WellRX card?
No, there are no limits. You can use the prescription discount card as often as needed for yourself or your family members.
I lost my ScriptSave WellRX card. How do I get a new one?
If you created an account on the WellRX website, log in and print out a new card. If you have no online account, click the Get Card link on WellRX’s website. Use the same information to enroll, and your card gets retrieved for printing. Of course, if you use the mobile app, you’re never without your ScripSave WellRX prescription discount card.
Can I use my WellRX card to get discounts on prescriptions for pets?
Ask your vet if your pet’s prescription has a human equivalent. If an equivalent exists, your vet may be able to prescribe the medication. Fill the order at a participating pharmacy to use your discount. If medicine is animal-specific, there is no discount.
Does ScriptSave WellRX work for medical marijuana prescriptions?
WellRX and other prescription discount programs currently are not valid on medical marijuana prescriptions.
A ScriptSave WellRX card is a great way to save money on prescriptions at no extra cost to you. Shop around to get the best discount at participating pharmacies in your area, and keep your prescription discount card in your wallet or use the mobile app on your phone.