Ship a Car, Inc. Review
Ship a Car, Inc. coordinates shipping for cars, trucks and nearly any other vehicle across all 50 states. In addition to individual and business services, Ship a Car, Inc. provides specialty shipping for construction equipment, buses, trailers and some cargo.
The company’s mission statement is simple: to make your vehicle shipment as quick, safe and cost-effective as possible. Ship a Car, Inc. assigns a shipping coordinator to each customer to maintain effective communication throughout the transport process.
Ship a Car, Inc., also known as SAC, offers custom service to ship cars sold or purchased online. The company also transports vehicles for those who live in another state for part of the year.
- Dedicated coordinator assigned to each car transport service order, from quote through delivery
- Dispatch specialists pair each load with the best carrier for the move
- High number of favorable consumer reviews
- Large variety of vehicles and related equipment shipped
- No real-time online quotes
Ship a Car, Inc.’s 4-step Shipping Process
Ship a Car, Inc. provides door-to-door car shipping whenever possible. If local ordinances or safety concerns prevent unloading or loading at the preferred addresses, you’ll meet the driver as close as possible.
The SAC shipping coordinator you speak to for a quote is the same person who finalizes your moving order, answers questions, assigns your load and handles any needs when your shipment delivers. Here’s what you can expect from the shipping process:
- Get a shipping quote: Provide basic information about your vehicle, the ship date, origin and destination to get a quote. The agent will send your shipping quote via email.
- Review the contract and book transport: Contact the coordinator for a contract if you like your quote. Read the agreement and ask for clarification if you have questions. Then sign it to book your moving reservation. Ship a Car, Inc. provides a secure online booking form, or you can book over the phone.
- Carrier dispatch: Your vehicle is assigned to a carrier that best accommodates your time frame, route and price. Make the initial payment to secure your spot on the carrier’s trailer. Your shipping coordinator will explain SAC’s secure payment options.
- Vehicle pickup and delivery: You and the driver inspect your vehicle and note its condition on the bill of lading. Then your car or other vehicle is loaded safely on the truck. The driver carefully offloads your vehicle at the destination, and then you and the driver will inspect it again. You sign off on the bill of lading and make the final payment to receive the keys.
Vehicle damage is very rare, but be sure to note it on the bill of lading, and the shipping company will pay for repairs. Ship a Car, Inc. recommends taking a minimum of four pictures of your car (front, back, driver side and passenger side) before the driver arrives. High-value vehicles should ship in an enclosed container.
|Cars and Trucks
|– Open and enclosed auto transport
– Classic, collector and exotic cars
– Seasonal relocations
– Military shipping discount
|– Motorcycles, ATVs and UTVs
– Boats, campers and RVs
– Golf carts and jet skis
How to Get a Quote from Ship a Car, Inc.
We used the online quote tool on the Ship a Car, Inc. website and discovered quotes aren’t generated in real time. Enter your vehicle’s make, model and year, the pickup and delivery ZIP codes and dates. A representative will call with a quote after you submit your details.
You can also call for a quote using the contact information on the website. Ship a Car, Inc. is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. All times are Eastern. The office is closed on Sundays.
Ship a Car, Inc. Costs
Total car transport costs depend on the time of year, how soon you need the vehicle picked up, fuel costs and other factors. See our Best Car Shipping Companies Guide for more about car shipping costs.
You pay nothing to Ship a Car, Inc. until you sign a contract and accept the carrier chosen to haul your vehicle. Most car shipping companies charge a fee to cancel or change your order after the driver is assigned. Ship a Car, Inc. does not specify the cost for canceling or modifying your shipment, so get these details from your coordinator.
The company provides military shipping discounts for active-duty military, veterans, reservists, National Guard members and their dependents.
Ship a Car, Inc. Complaints
No vehicle transport company is perfect. However, Ship a Car, Inc. receives high ratings from most customers. Many note their coordinator provided very good to excellent communication.
The Better Business Bureau gives Ship a Car, Inc. an A+ rating. Consumer reviews on the BBB site average 4.9 out of 5 stars. Google reviews yield 4.3 out of 5 stars. TransportReviews.com gives Ship a Car, Inc. 5 out of 5 stars based on consumer reviews over the past two years.
The company scores 3.5 out of 5 on Yelp and 4.8 out of 5 stars on MyMovingReviews.
Ship a Car, Inc. FAQ
Does Ship a Car, Inc. ship any vehicles larger than cars and trucks?
Yes, Ship a Car, Inc. specialty services include transporting tractors, various types of trailers, buses, cargo vans, food trucks, boats and yachts. The company also can ship everything you need for a convention or trade show and small, medium, heavy and oversized equipment.
Does Ship a Car, Inc. ship beyond the United States mainland?
Ship a Car, Inc. ships to Alaska and Hawaii but does not list any international car shipping services.
When Ship a Car, Inc. picks up or drops off my car or truck, do I have to be present?
Yes, you or a friend or relative must be present when the driver picks up and drops off your vehicle. It’s critical for you or your representative to inspect the vehicle before loading and after unloading.
Does Ship a Car, Inc. move fleet vehicles?
Yes, the company transports fleet vehicles, regardless of how many you need to move. Ask about the fleet discount if you need to move more than a couple of autos in one month.
Do I need to insure vehicles shipped with Ship a Car, Inc.?
You are not required to insure a vehicle while it’s in transit. The U.S. Department of Transportation requires carriers to hold transportation liability insurance. If you have a high-value car, discuss additional coverage with the shipping coordinator or your insurance company.
Ship a Car, Inc. is a top-rated car shipping broker specializing in all types of vehicle transport services. The company provides door-to-door service whenever possible across the U.S. You’ll speak to the same coordinator throughout the entire shipping process. Ship a Car, Inc. works with a large network of DOT-licensed carriers to provide service across the country.