Lifeway Mobility Review
Your ability to move around the house and care for yourself may change, but you don’t necessarily have to leave your home. Lifeway Mobility provides free comprehensive assessments and consultations to understand each customer’s holistic needs. Product recommendations are unique to your circumstances to improve your mobility, safety, comfort, independence and quality of life.
- Free consultation and assessment
- Products for all ages and mobility challenges
- Professional installation included
- Funding resource assistance and payment options
- Not yet available in all states
- Financing may be limited to certain service areas
The Lifeway Mobility Difference
Lifeway Mobility’s business practices start with taking time to understand each customer’s needs. Making a quick sale is never a goal, and consumer reviews back up this claim. Certified professionals make a detailed evaluation of the consumer’s mobility challenges and the living environment, including assessing future needs. Lifeway Mobility consultants work as a team with the consumer, caregivers and health care professionals.
Lifeway Mobility’s clientele includes people of all ages seeking to increase their mobility safely. Solutions may be as simple as adding grab bars in the bathroom or as complex as adding a high-tech curved stair lift. The company provides residential and commercial products, installation and rentals in the Midwest, southern New England, California and Pennsylvania.
|Lifeway Mobility Products|
|Stair lifts||Straight, curved, outdoor and commercial stair lifts|
|Wheelchair ramps||Aluminum modular, portable, threshold and vehicle ramps|
|Wheelchair lifts||Indoor, outdoor, inclined platform and commercial wheelchair lifts|
|Elevators||Home elevators, glass elevators and dumbwaiters|
|Bathroom safety||Walk-in or roll-in showers, walk-in tubs, shower seats and safety accessories, and toilet solutions|
|Transfer aids||Free-standing and fixed lift systems, grab bars and poles, bed rails, and tub and shower transfer systems|
Lifeway Mobility Stair lifts
Stair lifts remove physical and safety constraints from multistory homes. A specially designed chair gently moves up and down the staircase while leaving room for others to use the steps. Lifeway Mobility sells straight, curved, outdoor and commercial-grade stair lifts from manufacturers known for quality products.
- Bruno stair lifts are made in the U.S. and come with a lifetime warranty.
- Handicare produces custom stair lifts, including many with a lifetime warranty.
- Savaria straight stair lifts are battery-powered and quiet, while curved models are easy to use.
- Harmar stair lifts are easy to install with no-hassle support.
- Hawle manufactures attractive outdoor stair lifts that can run up to 131 feet.
Lifeway rents straight stair lifts for installations that aren’t permanent. Rentals are helpful when you’re recovering from surgery or a relative with limited mobility is visiting your home. You can buy used straight stair lifts from Lifeway Mobility, depending on inventory, and save up to $1,000.
Lifeway Mobility Wheelchair Lifts
A wheelchair lift is a secure platform with a powerful motor that raises and lowers individuals seated in wheelchairs. Lifeway Mobility sells vertical lifts that move between floors and incline lifts that span existing staircases. Indoor and outdoor models are available.
- Bruno wheelchair lifts are made in the U.S. and are known for quality and customization.
- Savaria outdoor models feature rust-resistant aluminum components that perform well in all climates.
Both manufacturers produce commercial and residential models. Lifeway Mobility did not offer vehicle lifts at the time we published this review. The company offers rentals and may have used wheelchair lifts for sale at some locations.
Wheelchair Ramps from Lifeway Mobility
Wheelchair ramps are used for safe and secure entrance to homes and businesses. Lifeway Mobility installs ramps properly designed for slope and length.
- Aluminum modular ramps are a more permanent solution for entering your home while you’re seated in a wheelchair.
- Portable ramps come with or without handrails. Folding ramps are lightweight, with some models ideal for use with vehicles or raised landings.
- Threshold ramps are made of rubber or aluminum and allow for navigating safely over uneven surfaces. Use these ramps over small steps and doorway thresholds up to 6 inches high.
Lifeway Mobility offers ramp rentals at some locations.
Lifeway Mobility Elevators and Dumbwaiters
A home elevator may seem like an extravagance. However, the cost is typically much less than selling your home and moving to another house or a senior living facility. Many home elevators models are attractive and fit in with the home décor.
Lifeway Mobility also serves businesses and public buildings with Savaria LU/LA (limited use/limited application) elevators.
- Savaria home elevators feature gearless traction technology for quiet rides with 360-degree views.
- Wessex designs space-saving residential elevators for two-story homes. These elevators can be installed just about anywhere for a fraction of the cost of a traditional home elevator.
Lifeway Mobility offers dumbwaiters for moving groceries, laundry, household supplies and more between floors. Models are available from Waupaca and Staying Home, with a low-cost dumbwaiter from Harmar. Weight capacity ranges from 100 to 250 pounds, with options like shelves, lighting and hoistway doors.
Lifeway Mobility Walk-in Tubs
Slipping and falling on hard bathroom surfaces is a significant cause of injury or death for seniors. Walk-in tubs remove this hazard with easy entry and exit, nonslip surfaces and safe seating. Lifeway Mobility does not name manufacturers but sells a variety of walk-in tub models.
The company offers side-entry tubs with inward- and outward-swinging doors and bariatric tubs with an extra-wide seat. All models include a shower wand and whirlpool spa, and each has several hydrotherapy options. Refer to our walk-in tub cost information to see how features and installation affect pricing.
Lifeway Mobility Walk-in and Roll-in Showers
Roll-in or walk-in showers are curbless and level with the floor to ease entering and exiting the shower. Eliminating the step into the shower removes the trip hazard or provides wheelchair accessibility.
Lifeway Mobility does not mention any specific accessibility shower manufacturers on the website but offers over 400 custom configurations. The company can design and install a barrier-free shower that works for your health requirements, available space and bathroom décor.
Lifeway Mobility also offers three modular barrier-free showers that can be installed faster than custom designs. Each features high-quality products made in the U.S., and financing is available for any package.
- Need It Now! is Lifeway’s no-frills yet attractive and functional shower solution. Features include a durable white gel coat finish, telescoping shower wand, water dam, wall mounted shower chair and grab bars.
- Need It Now! with color options has everything included in the first configuration plus a removable threshold. Color choices are white, off-white, bone, almond, biscuit and ice gray, and it’s ready to ship in two to three weeks.
- Designer Series is a spa-like walk-in or roll-in shower. Choose from 60 inches by 3 inches or 60 inches by 30 inches. Features are the same as the second package but with a molten stone color upgrade. The Designer Series also upgrades the wall-mounted chair to teak with matching bars and has tile recess options.
Lifeway Mobility Transfer and Safety Aids
Lifeway Mobility consultants know that the wrong type of transfer aid can impair muscle and joint performance. From grab bars to bedrails to lift systems, recommended solutions help maintain the client’s strength and physical functioning. There’s less strain on caregivers at the same time.
- Grab bars and safety poles are ideal for safely moving around the bathroom.
- Handrails provide stability in hallways, entryways and living spaces.
- Tub and shower transfer systems provide a safe, comfortable, no-slip environment without bathroom renovations. You can take these portable systems with you when you travel or move to another home.
- Bed assist rails ease getting into and out of bed and rolling over or moving around in bed. Rails install in minutes.
- Free-standing lift systems are lightweight and easily assembled in minutes by one person. These systems are cost-effective whether used permanently or temporarily. Lifeway Mobility features products from Savaria, Molift and free-standing lifts that hold up to 600 pounds.
- Fixed lift systems are stationary ceiling-mounted lifts with a permanent rail system. The systems use minimal floor space while allowing for low and very high lifting. A fixed mobility lift has a weight capacity of up to 1,000 pounds.
Lifeway Mobility Costs
Lifeway Mobility provides detailed information about each product on its website but doesn’t list prices for everything. We share the costs (including installation) Lifeway Mobility provided below. See The Cost of Aging In Place Remodeling to learn about costs to make your home fit for independent living.
|Lifeway Mobility Prices|
|Mobility Solution||Price Range|
|Straight stair lifts||$2,200 (used) to $5,000. New outdoor models start at $6,100.|
|Curved stair lifts, customized||$9,500 to $16,000 (indoor and outdoor).|
|Wheelchair ramps||$3,000 to $5,000+ for modular ramps. No prices for portables.|
|Walk-in tubs||Finance the cost starting at around $158 per month.|
Lifeway Mobility offers monthly financing and rent-to-own deals for some products. You can also rent a stair lift for short-term use or buy a used model to save money.
How to Buy Lifeway Mobility Products
Call the number on Lifeway Mobility’s website or use the online contact form to ask questions, get information or schedule a free home assessment. Lifeway Mobility’s services and products are available to individuals, builders and other businesses in these states:
- New York (southwest)
- Washington D.C.
- New Hampshire (south)
- Rhode Island
- West Virginia (northwest)
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
The Lifeway Mobility website lists funding sources with national and state programs that help make mobility solutions affordable. Insurance or Medicare may cover some costs. The company offers financing in some areas.
Lifeway Mobility Complaints
We searched for complaints about Lifeway Mobility and came up empty-handed. Consumers give the company 4.8 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot, where many reviews note installers are knowledgeable, professional and polite. Some reviews mention friendly, responsive customer service.
The Better Business Bureau rates Lifeway Mobility with an A+ and provided accreditation in 2017. The BBB has had only one complaint filed in the past three years, but it’s now closed with no details available.
Facebook reviews average 4.7 out of 5 stars and mention thorough home and health assessments. Google reviews yield 4.6 out of 5 stars, and HomeAdvisor gives Lifeway Mobility 4.9 out of 5 stars. Professional sales and installation employees were praised in multiple reviews.
Lifeway Mobility Q&A
Does medical insurance cover Lifeway Mobility’s accessibility products?
Unfortunately, health insurance is unlikely to pay for home accessibility solutions. If you have Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement Insurance, check if any benefits cover altering your home to have the equipment installed. You can also call Lifeway Mobility or see the funding sources on the website to learn about home medical modification programs.
Can I see and try Lifeway Mobility products before I make a purchase?
Lifeway Mobility has several office locations around the country. Depending on where you live, you may find a fully operational showroom nearby where you can try products. Call the company to learn about showrooms in your state and products available for testing at each location.
Do Lifeway Mobility employees have any specific credentials to make them professionals in their field?
Yes, Lifeway Mobility’s trained team members may hold one or more of these credentials:
- Manufacturer Certified Installers
- Certified CAPS (Certified Aging-in-Place Specialists)
- Certified CEAC (Certified Environmental Access Consultant)
- USC Certified Home Modification Executive
- Licensed Elevator Installers
- Home Improvement Contractors
How long does Lifeway Mobility take to install products?
The time required to receive and install your system depends on whether the product is in inventory. Lifeway mobility can usually install most straight stair lifts and some ramps within one day. Customized installations take longer, as do projects requiring building permits or extensive remodeling.
What is the dumbwaiter Lifeway Mobility sells?
Dumbwaiters move items between floors via a small cabinet operated by a winding drum drive system. An in-home dumbwaiter carries items weighing less than 500 pounds, such as boxes, food trays, groceries, laundry and more.
Lifeway Mobility consultants are trained to know what products can help people with disabilities and seniors safely move around the home. The company takes the time to thoroughly understand each client’s needs and home environment to offer appropriate, cost-effective solutions. Lifeway Mobility offers some money-saving alternatives to help customers maintain their independence and remain comfortable in their homes.