According to the Hearing Health Foundation, there is a link between hearing loss and health conditions like dementia, depression, heart disease, and others. With the elderly already susceptible to these health concerns, taking care of hearing issues should be a priority sooner rather than later. Hear.com offers a wide variety of hearing aids, such as those discussed in our Hearing Aid Buyer’s Guide, to help consumers from the comfort of their home.
- Free consultation over the phone
- Network of expert hearing professionals
- Wide selection of hearing aids from top manufacturers
- Financing and insurance options available
- No chat for immediate help on their website
Hear.com’s Free Consultation
Working with Hear.com starts with a free, comprehensive and unbiased phone consultation with a qualified hearing professional. You answer several questions about your auditory range, lifestyle, and interest in using technology. The consultant offers suggestions for improving your hearing, with hearing aid recommendations if it seems you need them. You will have an in-office hearing test before receiving firm recommendations for hearing aids. Hear.com’s consultants discuss prices, financing, and insurance, so cost is never hidden. Alternatively, you can first fill out a form on the Hear.com website to receive a free hearing report, then speak to a consultant.
Hear.com Provider Hearing Test
If you’re satisfied with the phone consultation, you can book a hearing test appointment at the nearest Hear.com Partner Provider. Hearing tests are conducted by highly-trained and respected audiologists or specialists to evaluate your hearing level and make a firm hearing aid recommendation. You return a few days later to the Partner Provider’s office to have the devices fitted.
Hear.com’s Risk-Free Hearing Aid Trial
Once you have hearing aids fitted, Hear.com wants you to give them a full test run. You should wear the devices in all of your regular daily settings to gauge how well they work for your lifestyle. Hear.com is confident in their products, and they want you to be delighted with your new hearing aids. If you’re not happy with the devices, you can return them within 45 days to get a full refund.
Hear.com Partner Provider Network
Hear.com has over 1,600 Partner Providers across the United States. The company only partners with best-in-industry hearing professionals committed to keeping up with the latest innovations and providing a superior level of care. Check the website for providers near you. At the time we published this review, Hear.com has local partner offices in 17 states.
Hear.com Hearing Aids
Hear.com connects customers to best-in-class hearing aids created by the top manufacturers in the industry. In addition to Audio Service, Bernafon and Hansaton, you’ll find several hearing aids available from Hear.com:
- Oticon: Features a discreet hearing aid design, 20% better soft sound clarity and mobile app connectivity to allow users to customize their hearing experience.
- Unitron: These hearing aids promote natural hearing and are upgradeable to meet changing needs over time. Unitron hearing devices connect to cell phones, mp3 players and televisions for direct sound delivery.
- Phonak: Multi-microphone technology detects where sounds originate to enhance what you need to hear while reducing other noises. The AutoSense OS transitions smoothly between different hearing environments.
- ReSound: LiNX feature allows users to control ReSound hearing aids from a mobile app that stores settings for future use.
- Widex: First fully digital hearing aids, differentiates between 100 different sound scenarios to provide the most natural hearing possible.
- Signia: Waterproof design allows for swimming or bathing without removing the hearing aids. Sophisticated microphone technology provides a 3D sound experience.
- Rexton: Innovative behind-the-ear devices utilize Bluetooth and other technologies. Rexton offers a variety of models to suit a range of hearing needs. Free mobile apps set hearing preferences based on the surrounding environment and provide relief from tinnitus.
Hear.com Hearing Aid Costs
Hear.com offers a wide range of hearing aids with outstanding features so that you can find a pair with excellent sound quality, speech clarity, noise reduction, and feedback mitigation. Depending on your lifestyle, the severity of hearing loss, and the level of technology you want to use, you may need a Basic, Midrange, or Premium model. The chart below gives you some idea of the cost of hearing aids from Hear.com.
|Hearing Aid Class
|Around the house
|$1,600 to $3,500
|Better sound quality
|$3,500 to $5,000
Adapts to environment
|Severe hearing loss
|$5,000 to $6,500
Financing Hearing Aids with Hear.com
Hear.com works with Wells Fargo, CareCredit and AllWell to provide financing. Available terms are 12 months no interest and 24 to 60 months low interest ($120 monthly payment). If you have a low credit score, you can still set up financing if you can make a 30% down payment on the hearing aids. Depending on your location, you may be eligible to get financial assistance from the Northwest Lions Foundation. Veterans and those with low income have options for making hearing aids affordable.
How to Buy Hearing Aids from Hear.com
You use a simple three-step process to buy hearing aids from Hear.com. At the end of this process, your hearing will improve with comfortable devices to fit your needs.
- Complete the online form on Hear.com or call the number on the website to get started. You will answer several questions about your ability to hear, and if you use the online form, Hear.com presents a free hearing analysis report for your review.
- Shortly after completing the form, Hear.com will contact you for your free phone consultation and then will schedule you for the initial office visit.
- The office visit provides a hearing test and professional hearing aid selections with a follow-up appointment for a fitting. Hear.com provides continuing customer service after the sale.
Hear.com claims an over 92% customer satisfaction rate, and online ratings backs that up. Although Hear.com received some negative reviews regarding customer service, product quality, and business practices, opinions are overwhelmingly positive. The Better Business Bureau accredits the company with an “A-” rating. ConsumerAffairs readers rate Hear.com with 4.5 out of 5 stars, and ConsumersAdvocate gives the company a healthy 9 out of 10 rating. Trustpilot rated Hear.com as “Excellent” for three years running.
What sets Hear.com apart from other hearing aid vendors?
Hear.com’s simple, three-step buying process sets this hearing aid company apart from others. Also, the company only partners with the highest regarded hearing professionals and hearing aid manufacturers.
What is the Hear.com mobile app?
Hear.com’s mobile app lets customers chat real time with a professional hearing aid expert any time they need help. Customers can also see their appointment details and schedule or change upcoming appointments with Hear.com’s Partner Providers.
Is there a warranty on Hear.com hearing aids?
Yes, all hearing aids purchased through Hear.com are covered by up to a three-year warranty.
How do I get help from Hear.com?
If you have any questions regarding your hearing or hearing aid, you can call or email your Hear.com personal hearing aid expert, or use the mobile app. Additionally, your hearing aid purchase includes a Comprehensive Service Package which entitles you to up to five device service visits at the closest Partner Provider.
Can I find a list of Partner Providers on Hear.com?
While the Hear.com website discloses an approximate number of Partner Providers by state, we found no list of locations. You and your consultant will determine the partner clinics closest to you, during the initial phone consultation.
Choosing hearing aids can get complicated with over 1,000 models available. Hear.com makes buying hearing aids easier with a three-step process, generous financing, and there’s always an expert available to answer questions or provide assistance.